Whitney Center Team Members Only Certified Living in Place Professionals in the State of Connecticut

Sean O'connorCommunity

Whitney Center and Thrive at Home team members Tricia Dilella and Michelle Pandolfi were recently certified as Certified Living in Place Professionals (CLIPP).  Tricia and Michelle are the only individuals with this certification in the state of Connecticut.  Both work for Thrive at Home with Whitney Center a program designed to help seniors live at homes as long as they … Read More

At Home For The Long Term: New Alternative Solutions for Seniors

Michelle PandolfiCommunity

Why is home so special? Home represents a lifetime of experiences. Fond memories. Important people. Happy times. Hard work. Comfort. A sense of safety and security. Most of all, our homes represent independence. In our homes we make all our own choices about how we want to live, how we want to spend our time, and who we allow into … Read More

Thrive at Home will be There for You!

Michelle PandolfiCommunity

They’ll Be There for You: The Joy of Good Friends After a challenging year, the love, caring and laughs provided by friends mean more than ever By Marcia Byalick Living SHARE What would you guess is the top lifestyle predictor of how long you’ll live? Diet? Exercise? Marital status? Nope. How often you see a doctor? Quitting smoking? Getting the flu … Read More

Eight surprising facts about getting old in America

Thrive at HomeCommunity

Description: “People with accurate perceptions of aging can expect to live 7 and a half years longer, on average, than people brainwashed by negative myths and stereotypes, according to a 2002 study published by the National Institutes of Health. Not only that, they walk faster, heal quicker and are less likely to develop dementia — even if they’re genetically predisposed … Read More

Aging in Place Takes Forethought

Michelle PandolfiCommunity

Aging in Place Comfortably and Stylishly As more baby boomers move toward retirement, more and more are designing homes that will accommodate their needs even as they grow older and lose mobility. Gracious Aging Jane Beiles for The New York Times By Christina Poletto May 21, 2021 They never wanted to call it retirement, but for Susan Farnsworth, Leigh Hough and … Read More

Yale DeVane Medal awarded to Thrive at Home Member Joseph LaPalombara

Michelle PandolfiCommunity

DeVane Medals recognize stellar teaching and scholarship By Susan Gonzalez june 30, 2021      Left to right: Hazel Carby, Dana Angluin, Joseph LaPalombara, and Miki Havlíčková Four Yale professors whose teaching and mentorship have inspired generations of students were recently honored with William C. Clyde DeVane Medals from the university’s chapter of Phi Beta Kappa. The DeVane Medals, Yale’s oldest teaching award, are … Read More

Thrive at Home can prepare-and pay- for life’s “what-if’s”!

Michelle PandolfiCommunity

June 23, 2021 Most senior couples will need LTC for at least one partner: report Kathleen Steele Gaivin Even among the healthiest older adults, a 75% chance exists that one partner will require a significant level of long-term care as he or she ages, according to a new Healthview Services report. The data show a 25% probability that both partners could … Read More

Thrive at Home Member Leila Dawe Mini-Retrospective

Michelle PandolfiCommunity

SHIPS OF STATE IN THE SEA OF EXTINCTION Traditional Burmese shwe chi doe tapestry techniques & mixed media, 30 x 59″ THE GALLERY AT MACTIVITY THROUGH June 24, 2021 Open Sun 8am-7pm, Mon-Thurs 6am-9pm YES these really are the hours, so you can come almost any time! LEILA DAW: FRAGILE PLANET A SELECTION OF WORK FROM 1988 TO THE PRESENT … Read More

Inclusion and Thrive at Home are Synonymous

Michelle PandolfiCommunity

Pride Month: 12 key numbers highlighting the economic status, challenges that LGBTQ people face Bias and lack of protections create a cascade of financial strikes for sexual minorities. These 12 numbers show the state of LGBTQ economic inequality in the U.S. By Dayana Yochim This article originally appeared on HerMoney.com. Stable employment, access to healthcare, and the ability to save and provide … Read More

As a Thrive at Home Member you Take Control of your Future

Michelle PandolfiCommunity

When Communication Styles Divide Aging Parents and Adult Children Some parents might embrace ‘errors of omission’ to maintain independence By Howard R. Seidman | June 9, 2021 | Living There are recurring conversations that aging parents and their adult children may have. And during these conversations, it may seem to the kids that they are speaking with the best of intentions. … Read More